- Patented Direct Servo technology
- 12″ light weight cone low inertia high excursion driver
- Solid and very inert enclosure available in a range of finishing options
- Bass extension controls allowing adjustment of bass extension and excursion control
- Selectable 12/24 db/octave crossover filter slope
- 120V-240V switchable power
The secret of audiophile bass is our Direct Servo technology. Many believe that accuracy is simply a matter of achieving low distortion. In reality there is more to achieving an accurate reproduction. Here we’ll introduce concepts such as “bass re-radiation” and “memory effects.” Others are silent on these issues because they don’t want you to be concerned about how poorly their products perform in those areas. We discuss them because we believe they are widely neglected problem areas for which we have found a unique and highly effective solution.
Driver features include:
- Low moving mass paper cone and rubber surround to ensure an exceptional transient response
- Large magnet for high flux density in the gap to ensure low distortion
- Flux de-modulation shorting rings to lower inductance and improve linearity
Bass extension controls
The bass extension control enables the user to customize the frequency response of the low end for the best trade-off between output and extension. If set to low music, bass has the lowest extension. The damping factor of this mode is 0.5 for the best time domain response. However, the disadvantage is slower attenuation of subsonic signals. For HT application, we recommend low-HT mode which incorporates a 3rd order highpass filter to filter out subsonic signals below 20hz. High extension setting is recommended for application where longer playback time and lower power consumption is required.
To suit different setups, we provide a 12 db and 24 db/octave crossover (as shown in the above photo) with adjustable range from 30hz to 120hz.