* Steel buttressed front facade
* Streamlined lightweight architecture
* Low margin grill frame with super-flat cushioned grill
* Outer rear dampening brace
* Rear-wire management channels
* Minimum usage of crossover
* Extreme quality, 1/2 pound (225g) Litz OFC copper air core coil woofer inductor
* PP foil capacitor with sterling silver leads in the tweeter
* Revelutionary absence of any resistor in the KIN crossover circuit
* Easy impedance of 6 ohm load (8 ohm in woofer range)
* Bi-wire gold-plated terminals
* High-torque TRIBE angled wall clamps for an even structural tension
Every single driver is completely unique to Totem and proprietary in design, engineered by Totem and then manufactured to the strictest standards to meet our parameters by the finest raw driver suppliers in the world. In some cases, where the technology is beyond the capabilities of suppliers or is wished to kep secret, Tote can and will build our own drivers. Every driver exhibits phase lineraity, speed, emotion, off axis natural presentation, and spatial articulation.
Handmade Crossovers with Point to Point Connections
Totem crossovers don’t require many parts because of the synergy between our customized drivers, but the components are the world’s best. Our crossovers arent built on PCB’s because the laminated conductive tracks are weak and inconsistent. Instead they are secured to ta thin piece of fiberboard or insulated polymers and components are mechanically crimped together because it simply sounds better. When we must solder, we choose WBT Silver Solder, the purest in the industry.
Integrated Back Box
Identical open back architectrual speakers can actullay differ in performance because of the varying size and materials within the cavity where they’re installed. They also transfer significant energy to adjacent rooms. Speakers with integrated back boxes maintain consistent performance anywhere they’re installed, and greatly reduces the amount of sound that bleeds to adjacent rooms.
Connectors Gold Plated Bi-Wire/Bi-Amp
Two sets of high conductivity gold plated connectors efficiently capture the incoming signal for superior speaker performance and allow traditional, bi-wire, or even bi-amplification options. They accommodate a variety of connection options such as bare wire, banana plugs and spades.
Optional Accessory: Pre-construction brackets
It is recommended to give at least 85-90 hours of actual music playing time as a minimal break-in period. During
this time, refrain from playing them at very loud levels. You will notice a definite gradual improvement in
the cohesiveness of the music reproduction as this occurs.