Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
- The BasX A-100 may be a small amplifier, but it shares the same superior design and high-quality parts as our bigger amplifiers, so it performs “like the big boys” and sounds far better than most amps in its price and power class.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- The A-100’s volume knob is surrounded by an illuminated ring, which indicates both Power and Fault status.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Flexible power switching enables the A-100 to be configured to switch on when a trigger is received and when it senses audio signal on its inputs. The Trigger Output can be used to pass trigger signals to other components.
- The BasX A-100 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz (simply select the correct line voltage using the convenient switch).
- A loop output provides a duplicate of the input signal to facilitate chaining additional amplifiers or other devices.
Special Headphone Features
- Classic style headphone output, driven from the main amplifier outputs via a set of high-quality series resistors, duplicates the sound signature of the highly-prized headphone outputs on high-end vintage equipment.
- Direct output option for low-efficiency planar headphones allows you to route the main speaker outputs of the A-100 directly to the headphone jack to drive low-efficiency planar headphones properly without special cables or adapters.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- Full three-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.